Currently Broad Creek is searching for the right people to fill some critical team positions. If you feel like God is calling you to serve at Broad Creek we would love to speak with you. Check out the job descriptions and learn more about us.
+ YOUTH MINISTER
Supervisor: Lead Minister
Pay: Salary dependent on experience and qualifications
Part Time Position: Approximately 20 hours per week
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Youth Minister is responsible to the Lead Minister for overseeing the planning, coordinating, and implementing of programs and special events for youth in grades 6-12. The Youth Minister's primary responsibility will be the new development and deployment of a holistic program for youth. The Youth Minister will champion the vision & mission of BCCC as it relates to the Youth Ministry. That will include a minimum of the following:
• Work with Lead Minister and key leaders in casting a vision specifically for the Youth Ministry.
• Recruiting and training adult and youth team members and empowering them for service.
• Planning and executing special events to capture the attention of middle school and high school youth in order to introduce them to BCCC.
• Follow-up with new families that include middle school and high school youth.
• Assist in the assimilation of new families with youth.
• Assist Office Manager in maintenance of database records for families with youth.
• Assist in planning and maintaining the annual Youth Ministry budget.
• Cooperate with local and state leaders in promoting activities of mutual interest in the community.
• Attend a yearly training event of your choosing that is approved by the Lead Minister.
• Create environments that are attractive and conducive for youth.
• Comply with state and local laws concerning suspected abuse of minors.
• Team with Lead Minister to occasionally preach during Sunday Services.
• Must be a professed Christian
• Preference given to a four-year degree from an accredited Christian College or University
• Previous experience in youth ministry a plus
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products and basic computing skills
• Ability to recruit and organize ministry team members
• Skilled in conflict resolution to promote peace
• Able to maintain a good working relationship with the Lead Minister, Elders, other staff, and members
• Have current background check or willing to have one completed by BCCC
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Broad Creek Christian Church c/o Brian Dicken
45 Olympia Road, New Bern NC 28562
OR e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org