As the lead minister, Brian is responsible for casting vision and direction for BCCC and leading the church staff. He also does most of the speaking at our Sunday gatherings.
- From: Originally Maryland, most recently Virginia
- Married to Janice, with six children
- Graduated from Lincoln Christian University, 2002
- Loves watching snow fall...hates shoveling it
- Is a fan of the Baltimore Orioles & Washington Redskins, which is why his hair is turning gray
- Is horrible with directions...so don't ask
- Watches any movie with lots of action and a semi-decent plot
As Broad Creek's Office Administrator, Hannah is responsible for organizing information, communicating information relating to the church calendar and building usage, and working toward keeping the day-to-day operations at Broad Creek organized and clear. Hannah's hours are from 9-1pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, and from 12-4pm on Wednesdays.
- From: Florida
- Married to Matthew, who is stationed at MCAS, Cherry Point
- Graduated from the University of Florida, 2017
- Loves watching The Office, or any good comedy, with her husband
- Favorite holiday is of course, Christmas
- Enjoys spending time on the water (boating, tubing, & swimming)
- Has a passion for traveling and trying new restaurants
Currently, BCCC is looking to hire for the following positions. You can click on the link to view the job description:
+ YOUTH MINISTER
Supervisor: Lead Minister
Pay: Salary dependent on experience and qualifications
Part Time Position: Approximately 20 hours per week
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Youth Minister is responsible to the Lead Minister for overseeing the planning, coordinating, and implementing of programs and special events for youth in grades 6-12. The Youth Minister's primary responsibility will be the new development and deployment of a holistic program for youth. The Youth Minister will champion the vision & mission of BCCC as it relates to the Youth Ministry. That will include a minimum of the following:
• Work with Lead Minister and key leaders in casting a vision specifically for the Youth Ministry.
• Recruiting and training adult and youth team members and empowering them for service.
• Planning and executing special events to capture the attention of middle school and high school youth in order to introduce them to BCCC.
• Follow-up with new families that include middle school and high school youth.
• Assist in the assimilation of new families with youth.
• Assist Office Manager in maintenance of database records for families with youth.
• Assist in planning and maintaining the annual Youth Ministry budget.
• Cooperate with local and state leaders in promoting activities of mutual interest in the community.
• Attend a yearly training event of your choosing that is approved by the Lead Minister.
• Create environments that are attractive and conducive for youth.
• Comply with state and local laws concerning suspected abuse of minors.
• Team with Lead Minister to occasionally preach during Sunday Services.
• Must be a professed Christian
• Preference given to a four-year degree from an accredited Christian College or University
• Previous experience in youth ministry a plus
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products and basic computing skills
• Ability to recruit and organize ministry team members
• Skilled in conflict resolution to promote peace
• Able to maintain a good working relationship with the Lead Minister, Elders, other staff, and members
• Have current background check or willing to have one completed by BCCC
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Broad Creek Christian Church c/o Brian Dicken
45 Olympia Road, New Bern NC 28562
OR e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org